As women, we want our breasts fuller and healthier. And we care for them by making sure that they get excellent support when we’re out and about. But is bra support really what your breasts need? Do bras make your boobs sag? These questions have since been a concern for many women after reports claim that bras do more harm than good. So, we’ll jump right in and give you some peace of mind.
Reasons That Cause Breasts To Sag
Have you been checking yourself in the mirror lately? Are there some changes in the fullness of your breasts? These are valid concerns, so we are going to look into this more until we find out, do bras make your boobs sag? If you worry about bras causing breasts to sag, there are other things to watch out for.
Let’s have a quick look at some of the factors that cause breasts to sag:
- Aging – As we age, the ligaments of the breast tissue eventually lose elasticity. Sagging breasts are unavoidable.
- Gravity – If you have larger breasts, gravity will take its toll on them and cause sagging.
- Smoking – Cigarette smoke contains carcinogens that break down the elastin in your body. When your body loses elasticity, it sags.
- Gaining Weight – Weight gain may cause your breasts to stretch and eventually to sag. So you must keep a healthy weight to avoid the unnecessary stretch to your breasts.
- Sunburn – The ultraviolet rays of the sun can cause your skin to lose elasticity.
- Lack of Support – There’s a reason why we’re comfortable running around in a bra with excellent support. Breasts with poor support will eventually show signs of sagging in the long run.
Based on the examples above, sagging breasts have a lot to do with proper self-care. Sun exposure and smoking are serious lifestyle changes you also have to be cautious of. Now that we’ve gone through some of the factors for sagging breasts, how do bras make your boobs sag when breast support is actually good for you? The answer is in finding the right bra.
Quick Tips To Find The Right Bra
We have become so used to a bra that we forget that it is still a tool. And any tool, when used right, can make our lives much more comfortable. For now, you don’t need to worry about how bras make your boobs sag. Here are some quick tips to finding the right bra:
- Be measured professionally.
- Make sure it fits comfortably.
- A properly fitted bra is secured across your back and at the center.
- A proper cup size should “cup” your breasts perfectly without spillage over, under, or on the sides.
Mindfulness Must Take Place
Bras are of much use and comfort to women. Though there have been trends about going braless for freedom, it ultimately depends on what makes us comfortable in the end. When we ask ourselves questions like, are bras really good for you? Do bras make your boobs sag? How do you avoid sagging boobs? We should focus on taking good care of ourselves as a whole. And it starts with some lifestyle changes and finding the right bra. Know more about sagging boobs.