How Long Do Bras Last? The Secret To Long Bra Life
It’s incredible what bras can do in our day-to-day life. It’s barely there, but without a bra, it just doesn’t feel right. Hence, buying a bra is a serious business. Women want value for their money. A bra should fit your size and style perfectly. Its materials should be comfortable and durable at the same time. Yes, durability is key. But then, nothing lasts forever, right? At least, for bras.
So, how long do bras last? Or, how long should you keep your bras?
On average, a bra of good quality should be used in rotation with two to three other bras to last for a year. It also depends on how you take care of them. A bra’s lifespan depends on several factors. Let’s have a go through the do’s and don’ts that will keep your bras in good shape for a reasonable amount of time.
Do’s and Don’ts To Get The Best Out Of Your Bra
Chances are you have bought a new bra and wonder: how long should a bra last in your keeping? When you spend money on the good stuff, it is natural to hold them so dear and hope to keep them for as long as you can. You are not alone! However, even the good ones need to go when handled carelessly. The answer to how long you should keep your bras equate to your bra care practices. Here are the secrets to getting the best out of that prized piece of lingerie.
- Use your bras with care. Whether you are putting it on, adjusting it, or taking it off, your bra needs you to be gentle. Applying force on the bands, straps, or the cups by tugging or flipping your bra may cause stretches and dents. Even the simple snapping applies tension to the materials. Your bra’s band size will expand, and the straps may loosen through time without you knowing it.
- Learn different ways to put on your bra. See what works well for you and consider how it affects the material of the bra. Remember, do not put too much pressure while placing the hook and eye together. Adjust straps and cups with care.
- Do not overuse your bra. Like you, it deserves a break now and then. Keep two to three bras to use in rotation. Wearing it every single day exposes it to sweat and chemicals in deodorants or body lotion that cause wear and tear over time.
- Do practice proper bra storage. Do not fold your molded bras and push one cup into the other. Dents that show through your clothes may force you not to use them anymore even if it’s still new and generally in good condition.
- Do not toss your used bra in the washer. Wash it with your hands gently, applying a small amount of detergent. Rinse off thoroughly and hang dry flat.
If you are one who wants to keep things longer, start by buying good quality bras.
Put them on and take them off with care. Use two to three bras in rotation. Proper organization and storage will also extend their shelf life. Wash them gently. Love them while they last. Find out more about bra washing hacks.
December 2, 2020
By: Paula Mane
Lumpectomy is a procedure to remove cancer or other abnormal tissues from the breast. It is also called breast-conserving surgery or wide local excision since only a portion of the breast is removed.
June 26, 2020
By: Simone Peterson
Wearing underwire bras give women an extra confidence boost as these provide excellent support and shaping. Whether you are wearing casual or formal clothing, underwire bras can pump up your vibe.