The challenge of finding the right bra that suits well and fits right is never an easy thing to do. Certain issues, like underwires digging into your skin or hitting your shoulders, become noticeable after using them for a while. There’s a whole dilemma of finding the right bra to match your clothes. So when it comes to bras, any kind of trick or tip is welcome.
Many women discover the need to conceal what others feel are uncomfortable, the bra straps. Whether you agree or not, bra strap hiders and clips for several women are the saviors of life. These fixes make sure that bras are not only supportive, but they are comfortable too. With different approaches and ways how to clip bra straps together, here are some handy hacks to make your bra straps stay hidden while wearing clothes.
How To Clip Bra Strap Together
You’re going to have to loosen the straps a little from how you might normally require them first. If you don’t have anyone to help you, ask a friend to help you with how to clip bra straps together. If you have someone, then normally put the bra on and get them to place the clip.
Once your bra is already on, placing a racerback clip is extremely difficult to do alone. Some put the clip first, then put the bra on over the head. With the back attaching in front, you can put the bra up around your waist. Put the clip, turn the bra around correctly, and bring the straps over your shoulders. Below are different ways how to clip a bra strap together.
Ways How To Clip Bra Straps Together
You can use paper clips to keep those bra straps off from the eyes and making your summer dress light and airy as possible.
How to clip bra straps together is easy if you get to familiarize yourself with it. The key to using a hider bra strap is to tweak the straps so that there is enough space to fit the bra clip comfortably without being too tight for the straps. With a little bit of adaptation, without worrying about any bra strap drifting off or being too rigid. It would be best if you prepare to go out on the town or take a stroll.
The great thing is other designs can fit to keep the straps together and provide a smooth finish on the front or the back of the bra. If you can use a bra strap hider, there’s no reason why you should sacrifice your sheer dress or top.
Some converters allow the back straps to sit on the back far lower, enabling that strapless number to shine again.
Things To Consider When Clipping Bra Straps
Before you clip bra straps together, here are some things to keep in mind.
- Take notice of flimsy plastic as it is just going to break. You probably wouldn’t be able to say by looking at it if you buy it online, so read some of the comments.
- You should also consider if there’s somebody else to do it for you or if you can do it on your own. The more the straps in place, the better it will be to do it yourself.
- One other thing about being careful would be how decent it is to keep working when you start moving around and whether it will slide up or down throughout the day.
- You can covert any normal bra into a racerback, but the type of bra and the clip shape will make much difference. Before placing it on, try using the clip on the bra and evaluate if it stays up when you take on the straps. How to clip bra straps together may take time, but it is important to secure the straps and make sure the clips will hold the whole time you’re wearing it. I found bras with tighter and textured grip straps much stronger than thin, loose-fitting straps. If the clips don’t securely keep the straps, they show up undone.
How To DIY Hide Your Bra Straps
With a friend’s help, collecting the two straps in the center of your back and fastening them together would be a popular solution. But that’s only a temporary fix that’s undoubtedly not fail-safe. So here’s how to clip bra straps together without hurting your back with the safety pin.
If there is a shoulder seam in the garment, here’s a simple solution to do it.
What you’ll need:
- Sewing pins
- Small sew-on snaps
- Measuring Tape
- Double-sided tape
- Try on your blouse, your shirt, your dress. On both sides of the area, place a pin. It should be on either shoulder with the bra strap.
- You can hand-sew one end of a clip onto the shoulder seam. Label your bra straps from the outside edge of each position.
- Measure the length from one strap’s exterior edge to the other strap’s external edge.
- Cut out two tape strips, 3/4-inch longer than the gap between the straps itself.
- Turn 1/4 of an inch into the ends of the double-sided tape. Close the edges of the tape with stitches.
- To each end of the tape, hand-sew the other sides of the straps. Enclose the bra strap and hold the bra strap in position.
Not all tops are the same, and you can say the same with bras. But there are ways how to clip bra straps together if you like displaying your natural curved shoulders. You can purchase special hiders to conceal your straps. But if you don’t have one, you can use a paper clip for a more straightforward option. Here’s how to learn more about bra straps.