How To Dry Bras: Do’s And Don’ts
Knowing how to dry bras properly prolongs the lifespan of your bras. Washing, drying, and storing them correctly will help make them look better and feel more comfortable on you for longer. It’s already common knowledge that you should hand wash your bras as much as possible. However, you might be a little less clear when it comes to the right way to dry a bra.
How to Dry Bras
Once you’re done washing your bras, the best way to dry them is to air-dry or drip-dry them. You can place them on a flat surface or a towel to absorb the excess water. You can also hang them up on a hanger, shower rod, or clothesline.
Here are a few tips to help you learn how to dry a bra quickly and correctly:
- Gently remove any excess water without resorting to squeezing, twisting, or wringing them too much. The force and friction can damage the delicate components of your bras.
- Most experts agree that the best way of how to hang a bra to dry is by the center gore, which is the piece of cloth between the cups.
- Instead of hanging them, you can also lay them on a towel with the cups facing up. The towel can absorb the excess moisture, although this process may take you longer.
- Air or drip drying is the best way to ensure that your bras maintain their shape, last longer, and feel better on you.
How Not to Dry Bras
Believe it or not, making a couple of small mistakes during the drying process won’t ruin your bra right away. It’s a gradual process that frequent, improper drying can cause. Don’t panic too much if you accidentally mixed one with the rest of your clothes in the dryer. Instead, be more mindful in the future and ensure that you take the proper precautions.
Check out other essential tips below if you’re wondering what other mistakes you’re making when drying your bras:
- When your bras have already been washed clean, don’t get tempted to wring or rub them to squeeze the excess water out.
- More importantly, don’t use a dryer because this will weaken the fabric and damage the lace, silk, and other components. It can also cause your bras to lose their elasticity. The heat in these machines is simply too much for your bras to stand.
- Hanging your bras by the straps can stretch them out. The best way for how to dry bras properly is to hang them by the center gore.
Comfortable and well-fitting bras can be very expensive. You want them to last as long as possible. When you cut corners in the care and maintenance of your bras, you’re not doing yourself any favor. By knowing how to dry bras and take care of them properly, you can spend less and get your money’s worth. Find out more about bra washing hacks.
November 5, 2020
By: Simone Peterson
It’s tough to find the best yoga bra partly because sizing and fabric content don’t suit everyone, like peanut butter and jelly. A particular style of training involves a similar type of clothing, and yoga exercise may require strong and firm bras for beginners.
June 26, 2020
By: Ash Crenshaw
After finding the perfect and proper fitting bra, you have to learn how to organize your bras. One of life’s small pleasures is opening up a beautifully organized drawer of lingerie every morning