How To Get Rid Of Bra Strap Indents On Shoulders?
Bras can be constricting and painful if they are ill-fitting and too tight. Straps can cause indentations and worse, dark lines and discoloration that are not easy to get rid of. Sometimes, the little plastic or wire clasps of a bra are also the culprit. How women long for the day when we don't have to worry about it and just bare our shoulders whenever we want to. Well, look up and smile because here are some tips on how to get rid of bra strap indents on your shoulders.
Quick Tips on How to Get Rid of Bra Straps Indents on Shoulders
Firstly, what causes the hyperpigmentation and indentation from your bras is most probably the wrong fit. A bra that is not in the right size for you may cause pressure on your breasts and shoulders. That's why it is always wise to find out by getting a professional bra fitting. Think of it as your way of pampering and taking care of yourself so that wearing your intimates from now on will be a pleasurable, feminine experience.
Once you have considered a fitting at a nice bra shop, run through this list of hacks, habits, and natural home remedies on how to get rid of bra strap indents on shoulders.
Exfoliate the areas where there are bra strap indents
Your affected shoulders might need a good but gentle sloughing to help fade the marks. Add regular exfoliation into your body care and relaxation routine so that you won't think of it as a mechanical chore. Here are some exfoliating tricks on how to get rid of bra strap indents on shoulders.
- Sugar and lemon scrub. This is a sweet treat for your back and shoulders as the sugar's gentle coarseness reveals new skin, and the lemon does some skin brightening action. Simply mix a spoonful of sugar with a whole lemon juice and rub on your back and shoulders. A good five minutes of scrubbing is sufficient.
- Body brush scrubbing. If the kitchen ingredients above are not available, use a body brush, body scrub, or loofah to exfoliate your back and shoulders.
- Look for active ingredients. You may also want to explore skincare treatments with glycolic acid or alpha hydroxy acids. These active ingredients will make your dark marks fade fast.
Make natural lightening and moisturizing masks
Treat your shoulders with a good, rich smothering of natural ingredients that aid in lightening the dark areas. Sometimes, dry patches on the skin accelerate wrinkling and darkening, so it is equally important to add some moisturizing habits into your routine.
- Milk and almond oil pack. Milk also has exfoliating, moisturizing, and nourishing properties that care for the skin. Almond oil, on the other hand, is a rich oil that has emollient properties that promote healing and skin regeneration. Milk adds to the skin's overall suppleness, so these two ingredients are a great combination. To make a milk pack, mix a tablespoon of milk with a tablespoon of almond oil. Apply this mixture onto the dark spots. Pat them on so that the area will absorb the mixture. Cover with a clean towel and leave on for ten minutes. Rinse after ten minutes.
- Yogurt and turmeric pack. Yogurt is not just comforting. It is also nourishing to the skin. It also works as a good moisturizer and an overall healthy skin food your back and shoulders can thank you for. A good match for yogurt is turmeric that has antiseptic properties. Turmeric can help heal the indentations from your bra straps and lighten the dark marks as well. Simply make a mask or pack out of a scoop of yogurt and a pinch of turmeric powder. Mix them all up and rub on the indentations and dark marks. Rinse with lukewarm water after some ten minutes. Do this for a week and see for yourself.
Use products that protect your shoulders from your bra straps
If natural remedies on how to get rid of bra strap indents on shoulders won't work, it's time to get some reinforcement. Avoid painful indentations and unsightly marks by padding your shoulders so that they are protected from your straps digging into your skin. Consider the following products available in lingerie shops:
- Bra Strap Cushions. Many online stores carry these bra strap cushions that you can slide in between your shoulders and bra straps. An alternative is to make your own by fishing out some old shoulder pads from your dresses. Cut them up into small pieces and slip them on before you don your bra.
- Silicone bra strap liners. These liners are soft and cool to the touch and do a good job of preventing indentations. Silicone bra strap liners serve as a barrier between your skin and your bra straps. You can have them around handy for those extra sensitive days.
Conceal the area with makeup
If you need a quick fix in case you are preparing for a night out, and you need to bare your shoulders, get help from your makeup kit. Use a trusty concealer that's a lighter shade than the marks made by your bra straps. First, moisturize the area, and then dab on some concealer to hide the discoloration. Finish off with loose powder, and you're all set.
Super tight bras can often cause some pain and discoloration on your shoulders. And yes, it's sometimes embarrassing, especially if you are to wear off-shoulder dresses. But with some easy home tips and remedy, you're shoulder glow will be back in no time. Chin up, go ahead and reclaim the fun because now you know how to get rid of bra strap indents on shoulders.
October 8, 2020
By: Paula Mane
If you happen to be ‘gifted’, then you have struggled to find a strapless bra that fits you. Like you, I spend more than hours searching for a strapless bra
October 8, 2020
By: Ash Crenshaw
The challenge of finding the right bra that suits well and fits right is never an easy thing to do. Certain issues, like underwires digging into your skin or hitting your shoulders, become noticeable after using them for a while.
October 6, 2020
By: Ash Crenshaw
One of the most frustrating things that you have to deal with is learning how to fix a bra strap loop since they can be very tricky and fragile at the same time.