How To Hand Wash Lingerie: Easy Steps
Delicate items, such as bras and panties, can be a costly investment. You want them to last as long as possible. Knowing how to hand wash lingerie properly can keep it looking fresh and fitting properly longer. Lingerie is made of very complex fabrics, padding, and wires so they’ve got to be cleaned carefully.
Hand washing Lingerie
To extend the life of your intimates, hand washing is preferred over machine washing. Hand washing is certainly the best way to prolong the life of your delicates. Here are steps on how to properly hand-wash lingerie:
- Just like washing regular clothes, you should separate whites, bright colors, and dark colors when washing lingerie.
- Soak your garments in a sink full of cool water. Make sure to use a mild solution of washing detergent.
- Swish it around to loosen dirt or stains. When hand washing underwear, rubbing is not always necessary and should be avoided if possible.
- Never leave your lingerie in water for too long. One hour is sufficient and shouldn’t cause any damage.
- Rinse it with cold water. If you’re not satisfied yet, repeat the soak and rinse method.
- Always hang to dry or flat lay.
More Tips on Prolonging the Life of Your Lingerie
Luckily, there are only 2 main supplies that you need for lingerie care – gentle laundry detergent and a mesh lingerie bag. You just have to know how to hand wash lingerie.
- Bras – Many women prefer hand washing bras even though they are sturdy and can safely go through a washing machine. Make sure to use cool water cycle. Air-dry away from direct sunlight.
- Panties – If the panties are perfect and decorated, hand wash. If they are nylon or silk, you can machine wash with a mesh bag. You can use warm water and a cold rinse. Air-dry with direct heat and sunlight.
- Legwear – Stockings, tights, and pantyhose should be washed by hand. You just have to fill the sink with cold or lukewarm water, dissolve a small amount of detergent, and gently squeeze them. Let them soak for at least 30 minutes and hang to air-dry.
After knowing how to hand wash different types of lingerie, you can already wash them without the risk of damaging them. Find out more about lingerie washing hacks.
Your Lingerie is Who You Are
Being a woman does not state simply looking like one. The perfect lingerie would make you feel nice and feminine. Your lingerie should remind you that femininity is your strength. It is not just a piece of clothing but an expression of your essence and personality. Your lingerie shows who you are and your desires as a woman. It can boost your self-confidence. If you look good, you would certainly feel good. Experts recommend paying more attention to your lingerie than your outer garments. That’s why knowing how to hand wash lingerie is a step closer to becoming the woman you are meant to be.
November 4, 2020
By: Alicia Aldridge
Every time you wear a backless dress or an elegant dress, one of the most common problems you probably experience is the bra strap and the back of your bra getting exposed.
June 24, 2020
By: Ash Crenshaw
Do you know what’s better than sexy and stylish lingerie? Lingerie that fits you perfectly! And when we say lingerie, isn’t Victoria’s Secret the first thing that comes to mind?
June 24, 2020
By: Simone Peterson
Let’s face it. When we’re out and about, we can’t help sweating. And when your bra deals with the sweat and the stains, it doesn’t look pretty, especially on your favorite piece of lingerie.