How To Make A Sports Bra Out Of Boxers
Underwear is one of men's most intimate and personal clothing because only a few individuals can see it. As such, convenience is essential in underwear, and although certain people choose one form of underwear, selecting the model depending on the mood is more sensible. Did you know that you can make a trendy sports bra with a pair of men's underwear in a matter of minutes? This post gives you a quick and simple way how to make a sports bra out of boxers. These DIY tips will help you save money and get the help you need for every exercise.
How to Make a Sports Bra Out of Boxers
This DIY sports bra is perfect to wear when out on a stroll, performing yoga, but it does not provide the most protection. You don't have to be a tailor. You can easily follow this tutorial on how to make a sports bra out of boxers. What you need is a pair of scissors and boxers.
You can do this basic method by following the procedures below:
- Place the underwear onto a flat surface, so the front side faces upwards.
- Cut the center section of the panties and leave the sides exposed. You should take the front five inches and the back 4 inches.
- Slice a U-shaped opening through the groin with your knife. This would end in a hole poking in the mouth.
- After cutting, you'll see it's taking the form of a sports bra. When wearing it, the cut side faces the wall. When the sports bra doesn't work, or it's so low, both at the front and back, you should trim it down until it fits.
- You will have an insanely-cute sports bra, which you can use while exercising.
Reasons Why You Should Wear a Sports Bra
Exercising without a Sports Bra can be Painful
In your gym session, if you don't use a sports bra, the breast tension might tug your head down and around your neck, creating discomfort and pain. It may contribute to headaches, too. A sports bra holds your weight comfortably distributed as you are working out.
Not Wearing a Sports Bra Can Lead to Stretch Marks
Working out for a time without a sports bra may cause breasts to sag and stretch marks. A sports bra should have the much-needed protection for the breasts and avoid any injury to tissue.
No Support for Your Cooper's Ligaments
All the leaping and playing will damage the ligaments in your breast. Wearing a sports bra over your breasts will protect the ligament and the muscle.
Causes Back and Neck Pain
When exercising, the breasts go up and down by 8.5 centimeters. It not only creates pain but also issues with the neck and back.
The breast's ligaments and skin are fragile and repetitive stretching and can tear the skin and ligament during a high-intensity exercise. It would allow breasts to sag. When you purchase a sports bra, you can try purchasing an encapsulation-style sports bra rather than the comfort form uni-boob.
How to Make a Sports Bra Out of Boxes
Sports bra pattern
1/2 yd lycra/spandex fabric for exterior
1/2 yd heavyweight knit fabric (Ponte, interlock) for lining
One yd 1-inch elastic strap
Ballpoint sewing needle
Basic sewing essentials
- Place the front exterior and the right side of the back around, matching side seams. Pin and button, utilizing fabric allowance of 1/4′′. Finish the seams to secure with a serger or zigzag stitch. Repeat for the lining.
- Place the right sides of the exterior shoulder edges, pin, and tie together. Finish lining seam and repeat.
- Within the outer bra slipcover, right side up, contrasting side seams. Pull down the bottom edge all over. Sew across, use a quick zigzag stitch and seam adjustment of 1/4′′.
- Turn your bra straight down, and make sure the lower back is pulled out and open all the way around. Pin around your bra's bottom hem, 1′′ up from below. Use a small zigzag stitch to sew, removing a 1.5′′ opening at the seam to insert flexible straps.
- Measure across the boxers, with the elastic immediately under your butt. It's best to make it cozy. The sum of elastic that you use also depends on the elastic stretchiness. My elastic is incredibly stretchy, so I ended up using 20 inches. Add a safety pin through one end of the elastic, then slide over the outer side of your bra within the elastic strap. Pull the elastic strap into the casing, without requiring the elastic to be pushed through the opposite bottom. When all the way around, the elastic loop and pin ties up, trying to ensure not to twist the fabric. Pull the straps inside the casing completely, and sew the opening of the casing.
- Assemble the raw edges of the armhole and neckline and tie the incorrect sides. Continue with either a serger or zigzag stitch to the raw edges.
- Fold edges 1/4′′ backward and inward. Sew across with a zigzag stitch of medium duration, stretch stitch, or double needle to protect.
That's it; you've finally made yourself a DIY sports bra. That's quick and easy is how to make a sports bra out of boxers.
You see, it's easy to follow these DIY steps on how to make a sports bra out of boxers. Next time before you chuck the clothes away, think first of what valuable item you might turn a scrap clothing into. Creativity, thriftiness and no bouncing boobs while you're sweating, this undies-into-bra is a totally genius idea you should do to boost your fitness and save you money.
October 7, 2020
By: Ash Crenshaw
It can be a bit overwhelming to check the wide variety of sports bra features, especially if you’re purchasing your first cushioned sports bra.
October 5, 2020
By: Ash Crenshaw
Have you observed that some of the fashionable swimwear is sporty these days? The wearing of sports bra while swimming may seem like a reasonable choice for women.
June 25, 2020
By: Alicia Aldridge
If you are raising a young girl, you might have a feeling of excitement when your precious daughter is almost approaching her puberty phase.