How To Make A Strapless Bra: DIY Hacks
I know you prefer to wear sleeveless dresses and other comfortable clothes when you go out. Unfortunately, sometimes it’s a struggle to wear that kind of clothes, especially if you are wearing the wrong bra. Wearing a strapless bra is one great solution for that kind of problem. A strapless bra is one of the most popular and commonly used bras. It is handy when you wear tricky necklines such as backless, strapless, and off-shoulder tops and dresses.
It is understandable that not all times that the strapless bra is not always available. If you don't want to try and make one your current bras into a strapless version, you can make a DIY strapless. This article will help you discover how to make a strapless bra.
Top 3 Ways to Make a Strapless Bra
There are many ways on how to make a strapless bra. The following are some of the ways that you can try at home.
It is the easiest and simplest method on how to make a regular bra strapless. If you already have convertible straps that you can remove from your bra's back, it is an excellent method to try. Doing this method will only take a few minutes, and it does not permanently alter your favorite bra. These are the steps to follow:
- Unhook both straps from the back of your bra and then put on your bra. Once the band is fastened, and the bra straps are dangle down from the front, it is the time to adjust your straps depending on you.
- Wrap the strap around your ribcage and your back until it reaches the place where you typically hook in your strap. Remember to do it one strap at a time.
- Hook the bra strap into the hook on the backside of your bra. Make sure it is secured, and it does not slip. Then, repeat steps 2 and 4 with the opposite strap.
The advantage of this method is it provides an additional layer of strength as your bra straps can be tightened against your body to help support your bra.
Hide Your Bra Straps
Hiding your bra straps is also one of the simplest, quickest, and cheapest methods on how to make a strapless bra. It is perfect for you if you don't want to alter your regular or favorite bra in any way permanently; it is a good alternative as a temporary strapless bra. Technically, you are wearing a regular bra with straps, but it won't show on the outside to look strapless. You can follow these simple steps:
- Choose the bra that you are most comfortable with and fits you well. Make sure to choose a strong bra since you will rely on the band for the support.
- Wear your bra like you usually do. Clasp it on the tightest notch to ensure that the bra won't snug and can stay throughout the day.
- Slide the straps off your shoulders.
- Adjust the length of each strap as short as possible.
- Insert each strap of the bra into the side and cup of your bra.
- Place them properly to void the bumpy appearance. Use fashion tape to make sure that the bra straps won't show off.
Cut Your Bra Straps
If you are sure to make your regular bra a strapless bra, this method is perfect for you. When you are planning to do this DIY strapless bra, it is recommended that you have to prepare a sewing machine.
When you permanently alter by cutting your bra, it might lose some of its durable materials. It is advisable to place your bra in a lingerie bag when you wash it to avoid damaging your bra and keep it intact longer. Here are the steps on how to make a strapless bra:
- Use a regular bra that fits well in your body. Ensure that you are willing to get go of that bra since you will completely alter your bra's straps.
- Using a scissor, carefully cut the straps as close to the seams. You now have a strapless bra.
- Sew your strapless bra to your sewing machine in a zig-zag stitch. If the sewing machine is not available, you can do the hand stitching.
You already know how to make a strapless bra. This article is only a guide, but you still have other options aside from those mentioned above. If you want to wear spaghetti strap tops and dress, but you don't want to wear a strapless bra, you can also find a stick-on bra or nipple covers in the market, and it can provide an adequate solution. Here's how to learn more about strapless bras.
April 3, 2021
By: Simone Peterson
There are many essential items out there that could be bought to accommodate your needs. For women specifically, there are lots of products that could provide them with benefits.
April 2, 2021
By: Ash Crenshaw
A strapless bra is an easy-to-wear slip-on bra; it is similar to a tube bra, a strapless strip of expanded fabric with a thick band on top and bottom for a better hold.