Things can turn into a fancy-looking item only if we’re eager to put our creativity on it. Just like our boring-looking bra straps. We can make a new statement while wearing them with the use of beads! Don’t you want a have sparkly and elegant-looking jewelry on your shoulders? Be engrossed, and you’ll learn how to make beaded bra straps.
What Are Beaded Bra Straps For?
When bras were invented for a specific purpose to support and conceal women’s chest, they have evolved. The bras that we wear evolved in looks, materials used, and function. While most inventors focus on the quality of women’s bra, some decided to put a new life to their bras by decorating the straps. You wouldn’t believe how some can use expensive stones and minerals to give a new look to their old brassieres. This became a hit on women, so they started to use beads, rhinestones, sequins, and laces to their bra straps to fit with the trend. And they sure made the right choice, for the beaded straps gave an elegant look and new life. So if you too are curious about how to make beaded bra straps, continue reading below.
How to Make Beaded Bra Straps
Finalize Your Idea
You have two options on how to make beaded bra straps. First, you can make jewelry like strap on your shoulders by just getting the hooks of your old straps and with the help of beads. And second, you can use your old strap and add some few touches to make it look more beautiful than its usual appearance. Any of these two will give a new look to your bra. But of course, base it with the occasion that you will be attending.
Ready the Materials
Beaded straps for bra are easy to achieve if you have the materials needed. You can be as creative as you can. Try to think of the look that you want to achieve. If you don’t have the idea yet, you can search online or read some magazines about accessories. This would give you a clue on the perfect-looking beaded traps. If you have that idea in mind, here are the materials that you need to ready.
- You can use different types and colors of beads, pearls, stones, or sequins for the design.
- Nylon String – if you’re planning to make a jewelry type of strap
- Bra straps – if you’re planning to use your old bra
- 4 – bra hooks
Jewelry Type of Strap
If you want to know how to make beaded bra straps that will look like a piece of jewelry in your shoulder, follow the instructions below:
- Measure the strap of your bra to know how much nylon string you would be needing.
- If you have no straps to measure, cut at least 37 cm from your nylon string.
- Create a loop in the hook of your bra by folding your nylon in half and inserting it in the hook’s hole.
- Insert the beads by stringing them with the nylon’s end.
- Make a knot when you’re done.
- Tie the end with the other hook.
- Cut the excess nylon string.
- Do it again to make two straps.
The process of how to make beaded bra straps is easier if you choose to keep your old straps. It’s up to you if you want to add some sparkling beads on your strap or cover it under your choice of beads. But mind you, whatever you choose, your bra will have a new look. Here are the procedures that you can follow in making a beaded strap:
- Adjust the strap to the length of where you feel comfortable wearing them.
- Place and design the beads where you want them.
- Secure the beads in place by sewing them one by one.
- Lock the thread and cut the excess.
Our creativity doesn’t end with putting clothes on, for we can make our bra straps fancy. Who wouldn’t want to turn their bra into a classy or sassy-looking bra, right? With the help of different colored beads, threads, needle, and scissors, you’re off to making unique-looking bras!
Now that you learned how to make beaded bra straps, you can collect all or dull-looking bras and give them a new life! This is not just good for your bra, but also because doing this activity will help you reduce stress. Plus, you can express your creativity! Just think out of the box, think of what look you would like to have, and there you go, you are set to make beautiful straps! Know more about bra straps.