Sports bras are vital undergarments for active women. It is designed to give optimum breast support, always minimize breast movement, and alleviate discomfort. Typically, there are various types of sports bras designed for different kinds of sports activities. However, sports bra pads tend to deteriorate over time, causing misalignment, but there is no need to buy new ones because there are ways on how to put pads back in sports bra.
Types of Sports Bras
In learning how to put pads back in a sports bra, you must also know that the different sports bra types help guide you with each of the primary uses and features.
- Racer Back. It is known to be the most dominant style of all sports bras. The shoulder straps of this type of bra are designed to form a Y-shape at the back. Its specialty is high-intensity workouts.
- Compression Sports Bras. These are usually custom-made. They are designed to give you the best support when you do low to medium activities.
- Encapsulation Sports Bra. They are made for high-intensity workout being equipped with inbuilt cups that may be light-padded or heavily-padded. It features a synthetic material, and it is more focused on performance.
- Criss Cross Back. The dominant design of this sports bra is its a criss-cross style at the back. You can expect it to have more firm support. It is often used for a fashion statement.
- Pull Over. Most teens prefer this type of sports bra. It also ideal for low-impact activities such as yoga or stretching. But this bra is not supportive enough for women with large breasts.
Do you know how to put pads back in a sports bra when it calls for one with all these types of sports bras? Let’s check on these points:
Ways to Put Pads Back in a Sports Bra
The following are easy ways on how to put pads back in sports bra:
Proper Insert Way
This needs putting on your bra first. You need to secure the band of your bra to achieve comfort. Slip your straps over your shoulders and add your inserts to the bra. Slip the inserts into both cups. It is necessary to pull the cup of your bra forward before inserting the inside. Similarly, do this to the other cup. The thickest part of the bra insert must be at the lowermost portion.
Sew Bra Pads
It is worth having a few alternative styles in your lingerie cabinet. Alternatively, you may consider a tank top with a built-in bra, which avoids the challenge of matching bra color precisely to your top, a feat even if both are basic black or white. For some, a tube top that fits the primary clothing is the best choice.
Convertible Strap Bra
Sewing turning your bra inside out, so it makes the stitches invisible. Check for any lumps or bumps that you can feel with your hands. Your pads need to lie flat inside your bra. You need to adjust it carefully. If the pads are removable, it is more convenient. You only need to grasp them in the bra and correct them.
Stitch on the top, bottom, and sides of the bra. The stitches must go through the pad but not on the front of your bra so that it wouldn’t be visible and awkward. Match the thread color to the fabric, so it becomes invisible once worn.
If you don’t like sewing, use safety pins in holding the pads in place. Though this is a less steady solution, and there is a chance that the hooks could be undone and prick you while you’re wearing your bra, it can still be of a temporary solution.
Impact Levels of Sports Bra
There are three levels of support of sports bra based on the workout intensity, including low, medium, and high. You need to be aware of it so you would know what best suits your needs. The High Impact level requires a high level of physical activities that include running, sports, dancing, and some exercise. The Medium Impact is for modest physical activities that include hiking, road cycling, or fast walking. The less forceful physical activities that involve slow movements like yoga or stretching is where the Low Impact falls in.
A quality sports bra has a life expectancy of 12 to 15 months. However, you don’t need to replace these sports bra with new ones immediately. Knowing how to put pads back in a sports bra can help you learn a life hack and save bucks. Sports help you stay fit and happy, and with the right sports bra, you will feel more confident. Here’s how to learn more about sports bras.