There are different kinds of tapes that you can use on your breasts, which include duct tapes, athletic tapes, and surgical tapes. However, this article will focus on discussing how to use duct tape as a strapless bra. Remember that every kind of tape you will use on your boobs can still rip off your skin and cause damage or irritation.
Outfits with deep plunging necklines, open-backs, off-shoulders, and without sleeves are difficult to match with a bra. It is a struggle, especially for women who have bigger breasts because they must wear a bra with enough support, which usually means those with straps. Women with small breasts also face this problem as sometimes, an appearance of cleavage will make the outfit more beautiful once you have worn it. Taping your breasts is the solution to this dilemma because this will not only help you make your breasts stay fixed without wearing a bra, but it will also help you achieve an attractive cleavage.
Preparing for Taping your Breasts
Before using duct tape as a strapless bra, let us first explore some tips on preparing for taping your breasts. It is important to be knowledgeable on this part for you to achieve your desired expectations when it comes to using duct tape as a strapless bra. Be guided with the following tips listed below:
- You should start by cleaning the skin or area where you would like to use the tape on. You can use a cotton ball dampened with alcohol as a cleanser and after that, let it dry. You should avoid using lotions or creams as the moisture will make the tape’s adhesive less effective.
- You can now proceed to cut the tape into pieces. Depending on your breasts’ width and size, the most advisable tip is cutting 3 to 4 pieces of tape with 12-16 inches each.
- Since the nipples are the most sensitive part of a woman’s breasts, it is highly recommended to use nipple tapes before taping the whole area of your breasts. It is to ensure that your nipples will not be seen through and will prevent them from chaffing.
Taping your Breasts as a Strapless Bra
Now that you already know some preparations that you will be needing before proceeding on how to use duct tape as a strapless bra, it is important to always take note of them because they are very useful when achieving the desired outcome of taping your breasts. With that, let us now begin on the question of how to use duct tape as a strapless bra. Be guided with the following tips listed below:
- Start by using the first tape and bringing it under your breast until you reach the other armpit. You should rub your hand from end to end to secure the placement of the tape.
- After that, push your boobs together while standing upright. You can proceed by picking another piece of tape and applying it from the outer side of the other breast so it will cross over the nipples through to the outer part of the other breast.
- Again, do not forget to rub your fingers across the tape to secure it. For the third tape, apply it above the place where you applied the second tape for strengthening.
- In case you need some appearance of cleavage, you can wrap an elastic bandage tightly underneath the boobs. This will provide more support, especially when you want to go braless underneath a tight-fitting outfit. However, if you are wearing a dress with a deeper plunging neckline, you can omit this step because you cannot wear the elastic bandage comfortably without it being visible.
- Lastly, test the placement of the tape by moving around. You can jump, run, leap, or dance while having tape on your breasts, and if you feel like it would budge anymore, you are now ready to go. You can also add another tape if you feel that your breasts would likely to break free.
Taping your Breasts for Low-Cut Dresses
Aside from taping your breasts as a strapless bra, you can also try doing the same technique when you plan to wear low-cut dresses. Follow the steps given below to use duct tape for low-cut dresses:
- You should cut first a 13-inch length of the tape, or to be more exact, you can measure the length from the bottom of your breast to the back of your shoulder.
- Proceed by taping the outside of your breasts. Then, lift each breast as you begin to tape from underneath, pulling the tape up toward the back of your shoulder.
- Repeat the same process for the other side of your breast by adding more strips toward the middle of each breast to cover the nipple.
- Smoothen the placements of the tape by rubbing your finger on them until they look and feel right.
Removing the Tape from your Breasts
While it is mentioned above that all kinds of tape can damage or hurt your skin when you remove them, there are also ways to reduce what it can do to your skin. They are listed as the following:
- The tape on your breasts is significantly easier to peel off when you soak yourself in warm water. You can take a warm bath or shower to help loosen the stickiness of the tape on your skin. You can also use a towel by damping it on warm water and laying it over the tape.
- Ensure that you remove the tape from your breasts slowly and carefully to reduce skin damage and pain as much as possible. Peel off the tape while holding the nearby skin, and make sure that you do not pull your skin.
- If you have difficulty in removing the tape, you can apply an ample amount of baby oil. Use a cotton ball dampened with baby oil and swab it on the tape as you slowly remove it.
Since some women want to go braless when wearing their desired outfit, taping one’s breast using duct tape can resolve this dilemma. Now that you know how to use duct tape as a strapless bra, keep in mind some precautions before taping your breasts. Do not let anything hinder you from wearing your desired outfit – try these tips on how to use duct tape as strapless bra. Find out more about bra hacks.