How To Wear A Blouse With A Bra: Easy Tips
Even if it's hidden from sight, choosing a bra that matches and works well for your outfit entails careful planning. A bra is not something you just put on mindlessly. How to wear blouse with bra is an endeavor that benefits from technique and some fashion rules. These fashion pointers are very good to note.
What Bra to Wear with a White Top?
- Nude bra, not a white bra. A bra in a nude color that's closest to your complexion is your best choice for white tops. Nudes blend seamlessly with the skin, unlike whites which will clearly show a stark difference between your skin and the bra.
- Red bra, just like a nude bra. This is jaw-dropping information. Yes, a red bra will not be seen through a white top because it works like a nude bra, matching the undertones of the skin. It's not just any kind of red bra then. Go for deep reds, wines, and burgundy that are of the same shade or range as your skin's undertone. Reds that are purplish or are on the side of pink will not work under a white shirt.
- Tank top with built-in bra. Even if your tank top is white, it will blend in nicely underneath your white top, unlike your white bra. Since the tank top covers you all the way to your torso, you don't have to worry about an obvious bra outline showing through your white blouse.
- Any plain, nude undergrament. Whether it's a bandeau or a bodysuit, your bra or undergarment in a nude hue will not scream for attention under your white shirt. You should be cautious to remember these tips on how to wear blouse with bra.
What Bra to Wear with an Off the Shoulder Blouse:
- Obviously, a strapless bra. One of the most common ways of how to wear blouse with bra. A convertible bra has detachable straps, and it can be used strapless. Since it does not have the support of straps, a strapless convertible bra is prone to sagging off your chest. To remedy this, look for a convertible bra that has bones sewed into the sides. The boning helps hold a strapless bra in place. If what you have doesn't have boning, you can secure your bra in place by taping the sides and seams.
- Bandeau bra. A bandeau bra covers your chest straight across tightly, like a tube top. It holds better, too, and you don't run the risk of a bandeau coming off or sliding off to your waist.
- Stick-on or adhesive bra. An adhesive bra is backless and strapless as its cups stick on the breasts with adhesive. A stick-on bra can either be made of fabric or silicone gel. Some varieties come with transparent plastic traps for better support. From afar, the plastic straps won't be visible on your bare shoulders.
- Corset. If your off the shoulder top hugs your body tightly, like a bodycon, you can wear a strapless corset. A corset has boning that evens out your torso and helps give you a flattering shape.
What to Wear With Sheer Tops
A bra can also make or break a see-through or sheer top, so choose wisely. This will depend on your overall style, whether you opt for a timeless classic or something unconventional.
- Dark-colored bras. Wearing a nude or light-colored bra under a sheer top could look tacky, and you could be accused of having no sense of style. When choosing a bra for gossamer, it's all about mystery. The mystery of a black, deep blue, or burgundy bra could enhance your see-through blouse.
- A longline bra. A longline bra provides full coverage and has a band that extends to the waist. This is not just a more modest, classic choice, but it also gives your torso a lovely, feminine shape.
- A lacey balconette bra. A balconette bra provides lesser coverage than a full-coverage bra, and its cups sit horizontally across the chest, compared to the heart-shaped coverage of a demi-cup or a plunge bra. A lacey balconette with scallops or dainty prints will be a good pair underneath a sheer blouse. Balconettes also have longline varieties, and this is a good pick, too.
- Animal-print bras. This one's a roaring classic. Leopard prints on your bra make a powerful statement when worn under a sheer top. Other interesting prints, laces and textures, and a pop of color are worth considering for your sheer dress.
When You're up for Unconventional Street Style:
- Double-strap bras. If you're in to step up your game, here's another tip on how to wear blouse with bra. A double-strap bra is designed to be seen somehow, so it is fine to let its hip, strappy style peek out of your top. What to consider here is the how the color of your bra matches or gives an accent to your blouse.
- Bras with cut-out straps. These bras are strappy and playful, with straps crisscrossing and forming patterns to give your intimates a structured look across your skin.
There are infinite possibilities on how to wear blouse with bra. The trick is to always plan ahead. The general rule is that your undergarment should not steal the show from your outfit. Your bra then should suit your blouse in terms of color, fit, design, and support. Yes, fashion bras are now a trend and are used as fashion statements. However, everyone has their own taste in fashion. If you want to step up your fashion without looking too inappropriate, then these tips on how to wear blouse with bra will do the trick. Find out more about intimate wear tips.
December 3, 2020
By: Ash Crenshaw
It’s essential to wear your tank tops out with good weather and display your sun-kissed shoulders. With open-back tanks and trendy spaghetti strap styles, there are some excellent bra choices for these skin-baring tops.