How To Wear Lingerie Under Clothes
The term lingerie is a lot broader than you’d think. Lingerie isn’t limited to nightwear; some of them can also work as your daily underwear. Done tastefully, they can even be worn as actual clothes if you’re going for something risqué or iconic. However, if you’re just getting into the habit of wearing lingerie, a great place to start is by regularly wearing them under your clothes.
Check out these useful tips if you’re looking for ways on how to wear lingerie under clothes.
Keep It Simple
There are plenty of lingerie styles out there, and some of the most popular ones include bows, frills, and ruffles. While these might look cute and enticing inside the bedroom, they won’t look as good under a dress. They make your outfit look unsightly and bulky. More importantly, they’ll make you feel uncomfortable.
One of the best tips on how to wear lingerie under clothes is to find sleeker ones that hug your body shape and show off your curves. Keep things simple, streamlined, and sexy.
Fit is Everything
The right way on how to wear lingerie under clothes is to make sure that the fit is perfect. When you’re using them as underwear, it’s doubly important to make sure that they fit you like a glove. Certain types of lingerie, such as a chemise, will look invisible under tight clothes if they fit well.
Here are some tips to ensure the right fit:
- Head to your favorite lingerie store and ask a professional to take your measurements. They can provide you with expert advice and knowledgeable service while you’re there.
- If you’re planning to do the measuring yourself, do so in front of a mirror. This will help you check if the measuring tape is in a straight line around your body.
- Find a number on that measuring tape that feels comfortable. It should be loose enough that your skin isn’t being compressed and tight enough that the tape doesn’t sag.
- A good way to ensure that you’re buying properly-fitting lingerie, especially when you’re buying online, is to choose adjustable ones. Look for adjustable lace-ups, straps, and ribbons.
- Choose lingerie that looks and feels good on you. Don’t be too dependent on trends. Figure out your level of comfort, and make sure that the pieces are high-quality and well-constructed.
Observe Good Balance
Consider the combination of the clothes you’re wearing and the lingerie you’ve chosen. If you’re wearing a sleek dress or other types of lighter clothes, wear thinner or seamless lingerie. If your lingerie is on the heavier side, opt for clothes with thicker fabrics or wear multiple layers.
Keep in mind that you should always go for a more integrated look. The lingerie and clothes you’re wearing should expose anything that you don’t want out in the world. Find out more about lingerie.
What you wear under your clothes matters. Knowing how to wear lingerie under clothes properly is a great way to feel more comfortable in your skin and more confident about the day ahead.
April 2, 2021
By: Paula Mane
Lumpectomy is a procedure to remove cancer or other abnormal tissues from the breast. It is also called breast-conserving surgery or wide local excision since only a portion of the breast is removed.
April 2, 2021
By: Simone Peterson
Women with a small frame or small cup size need well-fit bras. It should also have the comfort intended for small chests. There are also small bras that have wide bands and paddings.