Is Sports Bra Good For Health?
Gone are the days when a sports bra is purely for sports or for sweaty workout sessions at the gym. Athleisure has become a fashion trend, so many women are quick to hop on. But is sports bra good for health? Sports bras are durable, highly absorbent pieces designed to keep female athletes safe and protected while engaging in physically intense activities. So before you are quick to drop the idea of adding some sports bras into your wardrobe, here are a few benefits you can consider.
Benefits of Wearing a Sports Bra
- Sports bras help maintain and correct your posture. The way sports bras are engineered is good for your posture as they help enhance your mobility and performance in sports and physical activities. Sports bras also correct your slouch and restore great posture. Moreover, they reduce back and shoulder pains, so you don't have to worry about going all out with your movement.
- Sports bras are good for blood circulation. Is sports bra good for health? The short answer is yes. Athletic bras are made for maximum support and protection but with none of the constricting parts of a basic bra. Sports bras have none of the bands and clasps and typical elastic materials that may sometimes hamper blood circulation. Sports bras are made with the champion athlete in mind, so their fabrics and cuts are designed to promote ideal bodily functions.
- Sports bras keep you dry. Recent designs of sports bras allow for better sweat absorption to keep athletes cool and dry for a longer time. Fabrics have also benefited from advanced technology, and updates on sports bras make them highly absorbent. You won't see many sweaty patches, so there's no need for a frequent change within the day.
- They minimize discomfort. Even if it is just a low-intensity workout that you are performing, wearing the wrong type of bra can cause great discomfort. On the other hand, sports bras hold your breasts in place and minimize their movement, which would otherwise lead to sagging. They are made with wider but flexible bands that provide sufficient support, especially under the bust. With sports bras, you also become less self-conscious because of the full coverage that they offer.
- They help protect you from painful pangs on the breasts. Sports bras hold breasts firmly in place to minimize the movement that a regular bra would not be able to address. Because of the limited movement, sports bras help reduce breast pains and discomfort that an athlete would otherwise experience after intense physical activity.
- Sports bras help reduce breast sagging. Premature sagging is avoided when wearing sports bras because they help keep the breasts from jiggling about, especially when engaging in sports and workouts. If there is no sports bra in sight, you can wear two full-cup bras on top of the other for your sports activities. Still, they won't provide the same level of support and protection that sports bras can.
- Sports bras protect your breasts' shape. Is sports bra good for health? Aesthetically speaking, drooping breasts can be avoided by wearing sports bras. These bras prevent damages from happening on the breasts like torn ligaments that usually result from intense contact sports. It is especially recommended that well-endowed women wear full-coverage sports bras to maintain their breast shape and protect them from sagging and affecting their posture.
- They cover you up! Sports bras give you full coverage that they are a modest choice, especially when you are prone to unwanted stares. No need to be embarrassed or self-conscious when you are working out and exerting maximum physical strength because sports bras keep you protected from 'intruders'.
- Sports bras have become fashionable. Athleisure is widely accepted nowadays, and paired with the right pieces, sports bras do not have to look sloppy. They are great to wear underneath tops that are sheer or have deep necklines or low armholes. Sports bras are also a cute contrast to flowy, feminine skirts, or tailored floral pieces that come in a pop of color. The trick is to mix and match textures, themes, and colors to achieve a fun, flirty, sleek look.
How Long Should you Wear a Sports Bra?
So, is sports bra good for health? You are probably convinced by now. But for how long?
Since sports bras are designed to limit movement, it might not be a good idea to put them on the whole day, especially if you are not entirely at the gym or the tracks anyway. Sports bras could either be compression bras that squeeze breasts in to keep them bounce-free; or they could be encapsulation bras that cover the breasts tight without room to breathe. Underwire sports bras, on the other hand, may be extra uncomfortable due to the wiring.
Whatever the case may be, it is still best to limit the use of a sports bra especially when you feel pain, discomfort, or irritation if you have painful indentations from the straps and bands, if rashes form on your skin and if you find it difficult to breathe. Know more about sports bras.
So, is sports bra good for health? Overall, the jury's out on whether wearing a sports bra is good for the health, but without discomfort and irritation or prolonged use, sports bras are generally safe. We hope that this article was able to answer and question and enlighten you on the benefits of sports bras.
December 3, 2020
By: Alicia Aldridge
Do you need some extra hold for your breasts while practicing yoga or running? It can be a struggle working out with bigger busts.