A tube top is undoubtedly for you whether you are a ’90s fashion lover, someone who appreciates an excellent crop-top ensemble, or tend toward minimalist attire. It’s no wonder these strapless, often cropped, slim-fitting tops are having a massive comeback this 2020. With the ’90s and early trends reigning supreme in the fashion industry these days, fashion girls from the street style scene and influencers flaunt their favorite iterations through sporty-chic outfits, minimalist looks, and even tailored takes that involve oversize blazers and smart trousers. To nail this look, you have to have the perfect bra to go with it. What bra to wear with tube top is an essential question every tube top lover should ask.
What is a Tube Bra?
A tube bra is definitely what bra to wear with tube top. This strapless piece of stretchy fabric has a thick band on top and bottom for a more solid hold. Popularly known as a bandeau bra, it is similar to a strapless bra but does not have any hook or closure. A bandeau bra is an easy-to-wear slip-on bra that usually comes with removable pads.
Best Bra Types to Wear With a Tube Top
- Strapless Bra. Strapless bras can be annoying and challenging, especially for women with larger bust sizes. The key to nailing a strapless bra is to find one that has the best fit and size. Most strapless bras nowadays also come with silicone straps to prevent sliding down, no matter how much you move.
- A Bra with Clear Straps. If a strapless bra doesn’t work for you, and you’re uncertain what bra to wear with tube top, go for a bra with clear straps for additional support. Noticeable bra straps under a tube top is sometimes a deal-breaker on the entire outfit. However, an ideal bra with transparent straps could unlock that tube top you previously thought was impractical. Transparent straps offer you high-level support in some discreet way. However, the straps aren’t virtually invisible. But if a strapless bra doesn’t suit your taste, clear straps can work perfectly well.
- Strapless Bralette. The bralette appears to be the younger sister of traditional bras, and can be a good choice on what bra to wear with tube top. A bralette offers a minimum lift and has no underwire, comfort, coverage, and support. However, contrary to most women’s beliefs, a bralette is ideal for all women regardless of their breast sizes. Bralettes are very comfortable and super stylish. Moreover, they also come in a series of designs. Bralettes provides to women from cups sizes A up to G and those who fall in between sizes.
Pros and Cons of Tube Bras
- Tube bra works best with off-shoulder, strapless, or tube tops, and dresses. They give you the much-needed support without revealing any ugly bra straps. Most bandeau or tube bras come with pockets to insert pads while making the bra flexible enough to wear under body-hugging outfits for no nipple-show.
- A tube bra is a perfect choice for your scoop neck tank tops. It’s a smart way of concealing the cleavage minus ugly bra bands. Covering visible cleavage under deep necklines is another excellent use of tube bra.
- Lacy tube bras are trendy; they look great under tops and dresses. You need not worry about your bra showing as this beauty is meant to be flaunted with a lacy tube bra. If a brunch outfit an excellent choice for you, open back dresses are the latest trend these days, but an ugly bra back with metal hooks can make your dress look drab. Hence, slay that OOTD with a stylish back tube bra.
- Although tube bras are a must-have for all women out there; however, this may not be an excellent choice for ladies with bigger breasts. A tube bra may not give the extra clasp and support that a woman with bigger busts may need due to shoulder bands’ absence.
- Tube bras may get a little bit annoying for plus-sized women as they might keep slipping now and then.
- If your routine demands a lot of running around, lifting your arms up and down, or dancing, tube bras can be embarrassing. Surely, you don’t want to consume the whole time fastening up your bra.
How to Wear a Tube Bra?
Since it is just a flexible strip of fabric, it has no hook-and-eye closures or straps, so tube bras are very easy to wear. It highlights an effortless slip-on style and comes in very handy when you want to style tricky outfits. If Backless dresses, Low necklines, or visible cleavage are your style, tube bras got your back. More so, you can even style padded tube top bras with fashionable denim dungarees.
Are Tube Bras Comfortable?
Usually, tube bra without bands is the most popular fashion. They can be one of the most comfortable bra styles for petite women. Choose a tube bra with better comfort and support if you are somewhat on the heavier side. A padded tube bra with straps certainly helps provide better lift and support and can never hurt or poke you because they are technically non-wired bras.
If there’s a trend we guarantee you’re going to see everywhere this season, it’s donning tube tops. So knowing what bra to wear with tube top is vital to channel the inner fashion goddess in you. As the ’90s and early fashion staple, this strapless top is giving us major nostalgia. So when fashion icons everywhere started wearing outfits highlighting tube tops, we knew the look was officially back, and we bet it’ll stay for the seasons to come. Find out more about intimate wear tips.