What Is A Lingerie Party: Your Ultimate Planning Checklist
Is one of your girlfriends tying the knot soon? The bride asks you to organize a lingerie party, and your excitement turned to pressure. First, you must know what is a lingerie party.
A bridal lingerie party is an intimate social gathering where the close friends of the bride give her everything lingerie as gifts. Ideally, these gifts will be used for the honeymoon or on the wedding night.
How To Plan A Lingerie Shower?
Now that you know what is a lingerie party, the next step is to understand how to organize it. Don’t worry. We got you. Read on for the ultimate checklist on how to plan a lingerie shower.
- Guests. Keep your guest list exclusive to the bride’s very close friends. Opening sexy lingerie gifts may get a little (or too) awkward in the presence of in-laws or acquaintances. With only her closest friends present, you may even have her try on some of the gifts!
- Measurements. Make sure all the lingerie that the bride will receive will fit her perfectly. Get her measurements and send them to the guests in advance. This way, they can buy the correct size of lingerie.
- Venue. To give you ease in the preparation and cut on cost, you may ask for a friend to volunteer her pad. A cozy bedroom will do if the guest list is small. Set it up with dramatic lighting and good music to give off that sexy vibe. You may also make use of a private garden as a venue. Just make sure it has enough seating capacity.
- What to wear. Make the bride stand out. You can have her wear a satin robe or laced chemise. As a BFF, you know her style. Make sure she is comfortable and confident with what she will wear. For guests, you may request them to come in casual clothing or bring lingerie pieces that they can wear over their regular clothes.
- Food. Keep it fun with lingerie-themed cupcakes or cookies. You may also serve a corset-shaped cake. After all, it is a bridal lingerie party. There cannot be too much lingerie!
- Invitations. Create an attractive or artsy invitation
to boost excitement. It can also serve as a great souvenir. Include details, such as the bride’s measurements, venue, time, and what to wear.
- Gifts. Ask the bride what types of lingerie she wants. It will help guests buy items that will be useful and delightful for the bride. She may be very specific about it. However, you may encourage guests to purchase lingerie that make a statement. The goal is for the couple to enjoy them for a very long time.
- Games. Conduct one or two games for everybody’s enjoyment. One game you may want to try is “Honeymoon Panties.” Buy enough white cotton panties and pass it out to the guests. Request guests to make honeymoon panties using permanent markers. They can draw or write cute or naughty stuff. Have the bride model them over her clothes.
- Camera. Take photos of this fun time together. You can use polaroid photos as souvenirs or giveaways.
Now that you are more informed about what is a lingerie party, it is time to get your planning started. Ask help from friends and talk to your BFF bride-to-be. Go through this ultimate checklist together. Isn’t that friendship goals?