When Should Girls Start Wearing Bras?– A Guide Every Girl Needs
Being a girl is about adapting to a lot of changes. In puberty, girls go through many physical and emotional changes. One part of it is the change in appearance. Every change involves your emotions because it requires adjusting to your new body. Being aware of it helps in understanding and becoming comfortable with your changing body.
Nowadays, children become physically mature at a younger age. So don’t be surprised if your youngest sister might also ask for a bra or steal and wear yours one of these days. This leads us to the question – when should girls start wearing bras?
Signs You Need To Start Wearing a Bra
The first visible sign that puberty is starting is if you or someone you know has developing breasts. Experts say that breasts may start budding as early as eight and as late as 13. There are signs to tell regarding when should girls start wearing bras. But it’s also important to remember that every girl is different and might develop at a different pace than others.
- Breast buds poking through your shirts – If you see small breast buds, it is time to get your first bra. It is normal to feel some tenderness and soreness when breasts begin to bud. It just means that your breasts are starting to develop. Then the nipple and the circle of skin around them or the areola will also get darker and bigger.
- The appearance of other puberty signs – You might also start to grow pubic hair. But for some girls, pubic hair develops before their breast buds appear. Gaining weight and menstruation are also part of puberty.
- Understand the average age girls develop – When should girls start wearing bras? The average age is 11. However, some girls need one by the age of eight. Keep in mind, though, that every girl is different!
Bra Guide for Beginners
After answering the question “When should girls start wearing bras?” let’s move on to getting your first bra! The first step in getting one is to measure yourself. A lot of girls develop bigger busts early while others don’t. Wrong-sized bras are common nowadays so it would be best if you get your foundations right. It would better if you get your mom to assist you.
Now that you’ve got your size right, here are some bra guides for beginners:
- Training Bras – These are the simplest and most comfortable. They also offer coverage during growth. These bras are made of a stretchable cotton fabric that moves to accommodate your changing shape and size.
- Sports Bras – This type of bra is much tighter than a training bra. It is designed to be flatter in the cup area. It holds your breast so they don’t move around.
- Light Support Bras – These are perfect for growing teens. Being wire-free, they offer less shaping but are comfortable!
Best Way to Handle Change
Every girl is different, and each girl’s experience will be unique. But the answer to the question, “When should girls start wearing bras?” always depends on you and how comfortable you are in wearing one.
Change is a part of life. To make it easier to cope with body changes, respect your body. You should take care of your hygiene, engage in sports, and become comfortable with yourself. Learning to appreciate your body is important. It gives you a positive feeling about yourself, and it is always the best way to handle change. Know more about bra hacks.
April 3, 2021
By: Simone Peterson
Many of us need the best of everything, or if not of everything, then at least the best in terms of comfort when we are moving or doing our thing. One of the most used and necessary for us women is the bra.
April 3, 2021
By: Tyler Reed
The slippery strap and this one hits the mark with annoying features of a bra. Having a restrictive strap that slips when you do not want it to be very annoying and painful to wear.